Stephen McColgan: Consultant Solicitor
+44 (0) 7798 793 787 / +44 (0) 117 317 9719 / email@example.com
Stephen qualified as a solicitor over 33 years ago having studied law at Bristol University and at what is now known as the University of Law in Guildford.
He has been a Partner in a variety of transactional property roles based in Bristol and Somerset with national law firms Clarke Willmott, Davies and Partners and Michelmores.
Stephen’s passion and expertise is in advising landowners, developers and investors in residential led and mixed use schemes. He has experience working with several of the top 10 PLC housebuilders including on significant town extensions with multi-million pound land assemblies; with medium sized SME design led housebuilding entrepreneurs to realise their projects; and for land owners, particularly those unfamiliar with the development process, to help them understand transactions with developers and investors to add value leading to sales of development land.
The promotion of land, disposal, acquisition, preparation for development through the planning process and arranging the infrastructure and utilities agreements are within Stephen’s remit together with the site set up preparations for disposal whether as a serviced site or individual plot sales.
As well as being experienced in secured acquisition and development finance from UK and foreign banks and investors, Stephen has successfully advised SME housebuilders in securing finance from Homes England.
- Nearly 30 years’ involvement with a town extension scheme comprising c.900 acres for what began as three independent large companies all of whom became owned by one FTSE100 PLC.
- An assembly for a significant town extension in the Home Counties with consideration exceeding £50m acting for a regional division of another FTSE100 PLC.
- Acquisition by a private family property company of part of a former factory site designated for specialist retirement village uses from a FTSE100 PLC and within 12 months completing the sale on to a retirement village specialist operator.
- Disposal acting for a farming family to a PLC housebuilder for 250 new dwellings, through Options, Conditional Contracts over a 20-year period including secured deferred/phased payments and undergrounding of main grid electricity cables.
- Disposal of site for 50 new dwellings acting for a family trust to a PLC housebuilder at £5m + consideration.
- 1984 – 2004 Clarke Willmott, Equity Partner (1998 -2004), Salaried Partner (1992 -1998)
- 2004 – 2016 Davies and Partners, Fixed Share Partner
- 2016 – to September 2019 Michelmores LLP, Fixed Share Partner