+44 (0) 117 317 9719 hello@nrglaw.co.uk


We pride ourselves on providing clients with specialist advice on all aspects of family related matters.

As one of Bristol’s leading divorce and family specialists our approach is robust and pragmatic with our client’s best interest our sole priority.

If you are entering a new partnership or experiencing relationship breakdown our experienced team of family lawyers will provide you with high quality, clear and cost-effective advice to help you resolve issues as quickly and amicably as possible.

Our solicitors can help you with matters such as:

  • Divorce and Financial Remedy
  • Children Issues
  • Civil Partnership Dissolution and Same-Sex Marriage
  • Pre-Nuptial and Separation Agreements
  • Domestic Violence Cases
  • Change of Name

Family Services

We pride ourselves on providing clients with specialist advice on all aspects of family related matters.

Children matters

The breakdown of a relationship can be difficult for all parties especially if children are involved. It is important to ensure the best possible outcome for the children in terms of residence and contact with the parents. We can provide comprehensive advice and support as well as assisting with disputes surrounding schooling and upbringing.

Divorce, dissolution and separation

We specialise in complex and high value cases, acting for many clients who are in the public eye and high profile in the sporting, music and entertainment world. Many of our cases involve shareholdings in private companies, complex assets and properties based both in the UK and internationally.

We are able to assist these clients by providing a specialist and tailored service to adhere to their busy working schedules ensuring that the highest levels of confidentiality are met.

Injunctive proceedings

An injunction is a court order that requires someone to do, or not do something. Traditionally in family law two forms of injunction are sought, these are either an Occupation Order or a Non-Molestation order.

Through successfully applying to the court, an Occupation Order can require but is not limited to any of the following actions:

  • the person named in the order leaving the family home
  • the person named in the order being restricted to a certain area
  • the person applying for the order to be able to return to the family home

A Non-Molestation Order will prevent the person named in the order from harassing and using threatening and/or violent behaviour towards you.

We can assist in bringing injunctive proceedings while also assisting in responding to injunctive proceedings brought against you.

Change of name

We provide a straightforward and simple process in providing a Change of Name Deed to seek a change of name for yourself or your children. You may be divorced and wish to adopt a new surname, have a professional reason to change your name or your children may need to alter their surname due to a change in family circumstances.

Cohabitation agreements

If you are not married and are planning or are currently living with your partner it is important to remember the law relating to unmarried couples is very different to that of those who are married. The concept of common law marriage is very much a myth.

A cohabitation agreement will help identify and protect your interests in your assets, finances and home in the event that you and your partner separate and help avoid any costly disputes in the future.

Financial settlement

We understand that divorce/dissolution is often only the first stage of separating and will later require the couple to disentangle their finances in a way that is fair to both sides.

We have extensive experience in providing advice for clients in relation to large financial settlements, especially for high net worth individuals and clients who own large property portfolios and have complicated business interests.

Frequently Asked Questions

Qu: How do you charge for your services?

All fees are agreed in advance, with our clients before they are incurred and wherever possible we will work on a fixed fee for the scope of work we have been asked to undertake.

Qu: Do I need to make an appointment?

We strongly recommend that you book an appointment with a member of our team. We will endeavour to meet with you as soon as possible and if urgent on the same day.

Qu: Can you meet me outside normal office hours?

Yes. We understand that meetings need to be outside of 9-5 and can be flexible with times and days. We are also able to offer meetings at people’s homes and offices if they wish.

NRG Law UoB Family Law Talk

Louise, who specialises in complex financial divorce arrangements, and Nicola, who focuses on child contact arrangements, delivered an insightful presentation to students from the University of Bristol, to provide information on their career journeys and...

Pension Sharing on Divorce

The law allows pensions to be shared between parties on divorce to assist in achieving a fair settlement. Given the different types of pensions this is a notoriously complex area and it is usually advisable to obtain advice from a financial advisor...

Parental Alienation – A Rigorous Approach by the Courts

Parental alienation happens when parents separate and one parent attempts to prevent an ongoing relationship between the child ( or children) and the other parent. Deliberate and malicious attempts are made to turn a child against their father or mother....
Share This