Peter Golding: Partner / Head of Private Client & Property
+44 (0) 7788 428 901 / +44 (0) 117 317 9719 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter has a wide experience of private client and property arrangements together with residential conveyancing work.
This includes complex Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney. Peter has dealt with many intricate and difficult estates and has experience of contested probates and Inheritance Act Claims.
Peter’s experience includes working with many local charities and voluntary groups in relation to a range of issues including governance, land and property matters and dealing with the Charity Commission.
Peter has many long standing clients to whom he provides general advice and assistance in relation to their affairs. These clients often span different generations of the same family.
Trustee of Clifton Childrens’ Society
Trustee of the Centre for Adoption Support
Past Chairman of the Friends of the Royal West of England Academy
Member of Bristol Private Gig Club
- Assisting an elderly and confused client who owned an unregistered property and had lost the deeds. Peter, working with the attorney, arranged to reconstitute the title and for the property to be registered at the Land Registry. This permitted the property to be sold.
- Acting for the executors of the estate where the deceased had left both a Will and a subsequent set of handwritten notes changing the provisions of the Will. Peter’s advice helped the administration to proceed with a minimum of the additional expense and delay.
- Obtaining Probate in England of an estate for a client whose mother had died resident or domiciled overseas and where no foreign grant of probate had been obtained and the original Will was not available.
- Advising the executors of an estate of an individual who had made substantial lifetime gifts and whose Will let her estate to charity but failed to fully identify how the tax on the lifetime gifts was to be paid.
- Working with the family, co-trustee and other professional advisers as a trustee of a large Will Trust with a diverse range of investments and interests. The task included helping the family to settle on the long-term objectives of the trust.
- Drafting a Vulnerable Adult Trust for a client with a disabled adult child whose long term interests needed to be protected without affecting the child’s right to receive assistance.
- Bush & Bush