Michael Ridgwell: Corporate Litigator
+44 (0) 7951 763 729/ +44 (0) 117 317 9719/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael has joined us from his native South Africa, where he is a qualified Attorney of the High Court.
Michael is an integral part of the Disputes Resolution Department, and specialises in Corporate and Commercial Litigation. He holds a postgraduate qualification in Corporate Law, and comes with broad experience in commercial and contractual disputes.
He has successfully represented individuals and SMEs, as well as multinational banks and financial services providers both in the United Kingdom and South Africa. He prides himself on understanding his client’s businesses, and their ensuing legal needs.
Michael works closely with the Corporate & Commercial advisory team, supporting them on the litigious, or often problematic, aspects of commercial and contractual agreements. He also assists Head of Dispute Resolution, Gareth Raisbeck, with higher value and complex litigation matters before the County and High Courts.
With considerable experience in litigation and dispute resolution, Michael is always happy to discuss your legal needs.
Outside of work, Michael enjoys cycling (on somewhat of a fanatic level) and is amateur Disc Jockey.
- Successfully opposed a debtors application to liquidate his company, on the basis that no benefit would accrue to creditors
- Successfully challenged the legal standing of a claimant on launching a substantial claim for damages against our client
- Negotiated the return of numerous high value commercial debts
- Defended a series of claims brought against our client on breakdown of the supplier relationship
- Represented the claimant in a £100,000 dispute regarding the terms of a contractual agreement
- Reviewing standard terms and conditions to ensure our clients are compliant with their statutory duties
- Instituted claims on behalf of our client for the return of numerous vehicles sold under finance agreements
- Successfully opposed claims brought against our client in the amount of £50,000 on the basis of unfair contractual claims
- Jay Mothobi Attorneys
- Hogan Lovells