Michael Ridgwell: Partner / Dispute Resolution
+44 (0) 7951 763 729 / +44 (0) 117 317 9719 / email@example.com
Michael has substantial experience in dealing with a broad range of disputes, with a specific focus on Commercial Litigation. He first qualified in South Africa and has since relocated his practice to the United Kingdom.
Michael has acted for a variety of clients including multinational banks and financial service providers, publicly listed & private companies, partnerships, regulators, public organisations and individuals.
He prides himself on finding simplistic legal solutions that deliver results. The needs of his clients remain at the fore of his advice, and Michael works tirelessly to achieve the best outcomes possible.
In 2020 the firm appointed Michael as a partner, and he is a welcomed addition to the board. He is the firms’ designated complaints handler.
Michael works closely with the Corporate & Commercial advisory team, supporting them on litigious and problematic aspects of commercial and contractual agreements.
- Successfully applied for freezing injunctions against the assets of a debtor to prevent dissipation of those assets
- Assisted in resolving disputes between shareholders regarding payment of dividends, and repayment of directors loans
- Opposed the basis on which a £1.6mil claim was asserted against our client
- Successfully defended a claim against a client for the alleged profits of a partnership agreement
- Prosecuted and defended numerous actions for breach of contract, and recovery of funds
- Jay Mothobi Attorneys
- Hogan Lovells