James McKimm: Trainee Solicitor
+44 (0) 7376 082 347 / +44 (0) 117 325 7838 / email@example.com
James is a Trainee Solicitor in our Corporate and Commercial Department. Having begun his time at the firm in the Dispute Resolution department, James acquired key drafting skills which he is able to translate into his Corporate and Commercial work, to give a more rounded service.
Having assisted on a number of private acquisitions and investments, from the due diligence process through to completion, James has also shown a particular appetite and aptitude for Commercial work, involving drafting various commercial agreements and dealing with intellectual property matters.
James, who was born and raised in Bristol, joined the firm in the Summer of 2018 immediately having graduated from Reading University with a 2.1 in Law LLB. He has just finished his LPC, which he studied full-time whilst continuing to work, and his Masters (LLM).
Outside of the office, James enjoys a variety of sports, and is particularly keen to get back into playing football, having played for Reading University First Team during his degree.
- Past Committee Member of Reading University Law Society
- Assisting in due diligence on the share purchase of a private company
- Assisting in the drafting and amending of Shareholder Agreements for both private limited companies and partnerships
- Registering Trade Marks both nationally and at EU level
- Drafting business to business and business to consumer supply of goods agreements for a bespoke glass manufacturer
- Previously assisted in a number of breach of contract claims