George Boyd-Gibbins: Property Consultant Solicitor
+44 (0) 7809 563 030 / +44 (0) 117 325 1043 / firstname.lastname@example.org
George is an experienced property solicitor dealing with all types of commercial and residential property transactions and landlord and tenant act issues with an emphasis on property development transactions.
He advises on development agreements, joint venture agreements, development finance and on the acquisition/disposal of development sites and newly built units. He also deals with commercial leases, acquisitions and disposals of commercial and residential properties, secured lending transactions and portfolio management. George also has expertise in buying and selling licensed premises and in dealing with licensing matters generally.
George qualified in 2005 working initially for Clarke Willmott in Bristol. He has practised in the Bristol area since then spending over 10 years at Davis Wood before joining Cook & Co Solicitors in 2017.
George has a “can do” approach and provides thorough, efficient, practical and cost effective legal advice.
Other: Studied Politics at University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Law conversion at University of the West of England. Newcastle United FC supporter.
Commercial and Residential Property.
- Acts for a well-known Bristol based property developer in respect of its acquisition of various development sites and associated senior and mezzanine funding arrangements.
- Successfully appealed to the First Tier Tribunal to overturn the decision of a Housing Association to refuse a resident their “right to buy”.
- Acted in the sale of a portfolio of Subway Franchise Stores.
- Specialist in Islamic finance and Sharia compliant mortgage transactions.
- Acting for a bridging lender in respect of secured lending transactions relating mainly to development property.
- Successfully defended a client in a rating dispute with a local authority relating to commercial premises occupied by property “Guardians”.
- Acted for the purchaser in respect of the acquisition by way of asset purchase of a large Bristol based estate agency.
- Clarke Willmott
- Davis Wood