Gareth Raisbeck: Partner / Head of Dispute Resolution
Gareth is an experienced Commercial Litigation Solicitor. Prior to joining Cook & Co, Gareth trained for the Bar, being called in 2008 and thereafter cross-qualified as a Solicitor.
Gareth specialisms lie in Commercial and Property Dispute Resolution and he regularly lectures and writes for the Law Society and industry specific publications on legal procedure and practice.
He is adept at representing both individuals and multi-nationals on matters of any value or complexity.
Having previously been in-house advocate for the largest debt purchaser in Europe and Head of Legal Procedure and Advocacy for a leading regional firm, Gareth has considerable Court experience and will, therefore, frequently appear on behalf of his clients.
Other: Committee Member of the Law Society Civil Litigation Section. Rugby enthusiast.
- Worked on case relating to the international enforcement of European Judgments before Mrs Justice Slade at the Royal Courts in London; case reported in the All England Law Reports and Practical Law.
- Eviction of trespassers (squatters) in an empty commercial unit based in Bristol in the process of being redeveloped into residential flats.
- Successfully opposed last minute claim by tenant for damages under the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 at hearing for residential possession.
- Instructed by residential Managing Agents in recovery of multi million pound service charge dispute involving hundreds of residents before the First-tier (Property) Tribunal.
- Negotiated settlement in relation to dispute between landlord and a college in respect of late payment of rent and forfeiture of the premises.
- Brethertons LLP
- Morgan Solicitors